Term 3 is flying by at a rate of knots! It’s already the half term break next week.
Have a good holiday
We recently sent a list of forthcoming dates for the rest of the term. We regularly update the website calendar so please check at https://theprioryprimaryschool.org.uk/school-calendar-grid-view/ to keep up to date.
The week straight after half term is sports week at The Priory.The children will have the chance to participate in sports activities across the week and Sports Day is on Thursday 8th June.
During morning drop off, Tor Gilchrist and Rachel Foster will be running some Wake Up, Shake Up activities to get the children in a sporting frame of mind (parents are also welcome to join in the fun!)
Tor Gilchrist is also kindly running circuit fitness for Years 3-6 on Tuesday and Wednesday morning.
Our wonderful coach, Zach, will be running mini competitions and tournaments throughout the week and will be kindly lending a hand on Sports Day.
On Sports Day the itinerary will be as follows: (all timings are estimates other than drop off and start time)
- 8.30/8.40am – children dropped off at school as usual
- 9.30 am – Sports day starts
- Parents can wait on the school field until the start of the sports day activities, or come back just before 9.30am.
- 9.30 – 11.30am – group track and field activities (in classes)
- 11.30am – 12pm – Individual and house sprint races
- 12-12.30pm – round up and awards
- 12.30-1.30pm – family picnic*
- 1.30 pm onwards – parents will be able to take children home or leave children at school. If taking children home they must be signed out with the class teacher.
- 3.15pm – end of the school day. Usual pick up arrangements for any children still at school.
*Parents will be sent a form to complete for school lunches. Parents can either bring a picnic to share after the sports day, or opt to pay for a school packed lunch for their child(ren). A school packed lunch costing £2.60 will consist of a sandwich, a sausage roll, a piece of fruit and a homemade muffin. Children in Year R, 1 and 2, and any children in receipt of the pupil premium, are entitled to a free school packed lunch.
Parking- Please be careful when driving and parking around school site. There have been parental reports of potentially dangerous driving outside school. Please bare everyone’s safety in mind when arriving, parking ang leaving the area.
Leaving premises – Please leave the school site promptly after pick-up. Having parents on the front playground prevents our clubs being able to go and use this space. Thank in advance for your understanding with this.